A student dies after drinking contaminated water

0
5

A 19-year-old student died and 55 others were reported ill after drinking contaminated water in a women’s hostel of a private college in Chhattisgarh’s Durg district. The matter came to light on Monday after district health officials came to know that a large number of girl students from Ved Mahila Hostel have been admitted to a private hospital in Bhilai, a health official said on Tuesday. Skill development training at Rastogi College At least 55 women who attended the course were admitted to a hospital on July 30 after complaining of vomiting and dysentery. At present 51 girl students are undergoing treatment in the hospital. Four were discharged. Kamini Churendra, a student from Balod district, was taken home from the hostel by her relatives on July 29. From there he was admitted to the hospital in Rajnandgaon, he died on Sunday.